Notice is hereby given that a public meeting will be conducted by the City of Santa Rosa Housing & Community Services Department on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, at 5:30pm in Housing & Community Services Department Conference Room 1, City Hall Annex, 90 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa.
The purpose of the public meeting will be to receive comments and recommendations from citizens on the priorities for the Fiscal Year 2018/2019 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) programs. 85% of CDBG funds will be used to support affordable housing programs. The remaining 15% of CDBG funds will be used to partially fund the Public Services Program which provides focused, comprehensive homeless services by funding the coordinated entry operation of facilities serving the homeless population of Santa Rosa; local funding will be used for the federally mandated Fair Housing program. All HOPWA funds will be used to provide comprehensive services to support safe and stable housing and to decrease homelessness for low-income individuals who are HIV-positive and their families.
Staff recommends using a portion of HOME funds for Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) starting in Fiscal Year 2018/2019. This proposed use represents a change in use of HOME funds from one eligible activity to another and necessitates an Amendment to the 2016 – 2020 Consolidated Plan. The draft Substantial Amendment and the draft 2018/2019 Action Plan will be made available to the public for a 30-day comment period beginning March 19, 2018.
If you cannot attend, please submit written comments and recommendations prior to the public meeting to Nancy Manchester, Program Specialist II, Housing & Community Services Department, City of Santa Rosa, 90 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404, telephone 707-543-4339, or email firstname.lastname@example.org